Cookies Notification Message
Cookies. What is it?
They are usually small pieces of data, text files, which are recorded to your computer after visiting a website. This set of files contains valuable information: login or password, user’s individual settings and preferences. When you visit a website after a time your browser sends this data to the server to define the user and improve the website’s work. As a result, you needn’t re-enter the password, change the language, etc.
What can you do with this?
Types of ‘cookie’ files
There are several types of cookies. Their principle of work is almost the same, but websites use them for different reasons:
- Cookies from different providers. The provider can be anyone: we as well as the third-party servers.
- Technical cookies. These are used for technical purposes.
- Temporary files. Such cookies may be stored for different periods of time.
Who are cookie providers?
First-party cookies are files stored only by us or services on our request. Third-party cookies, on the contrary, are managed by other organizations, such as various advertising services. These services may display online pop-up chats, ads, and social media buttons, etc. You’ll find out about them further. by the way, a Web analytics tool by Google Inc. may be considered the third-party provider.
There are 2 types of such cookies:
- Required. We use them because the normal and stable work of the website without them is impossible. They’re transferred to your computer automatically.
- Non-required. These cookies are placed only to ensure suitable user experience and save a person’s settings. We actively use this type also to know more about our user’s preferences and make adjustments and changes according to them.
All cookies are divided into three groups based on the duration of their storage. There is one type of cookie files, which serve to facilitate the communication between the servers of our company. This type is called flow cookies. These are stored until your current session expires. Flow cookies aren’t used to obtain the preferences of the user or any information about the person.
Session cookies, on the contrary, needed for receiving the information about your data, settings, etc. They are temporary: when you close the browser – these files are removed.
Permanent cookie files have the longest period of storing. They let us recognize you at each of your next visits. Your browser downloads page faster due to the presence of permanent cookies on your computer. Over time, they’re deleted.
Measuring website performance using cookies
On the basis of this data, Google Analytics creates the reports and informs us about website activity. It lets them develop ways of increasing overall website performance. Moreover, Google can send cookie files to third-party services or subordinate organizations on legitimate grounds.